This post contains a list of authoritative sources for data and other facts related to the COVID-19 pandemic. It includes links to sites where you can find numbers and other data about COVID-19 testing, infections, hospitalizations, deaths, and vaccinations. Because I and most of my family live in the state of Georgia, I have included links for both the United States as well as Georgia.
If you have a question related to COVID-19 that can’t be answered by one of these links, or if you know of a better source than one I’ve chosen, feel free to contact me at lee-dot-coursey-at-gmail-dot-com.
For a detailed weekly report of COVID-19 trends in the United States and Georgia, see my Weekly COVID-19 Status Dashboard which includes current numbers, trends, lots of charts and graphs, analysis of the numbers, and links to this week’s useful news items about vaccines, variants, treatments, and more.
United States COVID-19 Data Sources
- CDC COVID Data Tracker
- CDC COVID Data Tracker – Cases (Infections), Deaths, and Testing
- CDC COVID Data Tracker – Trends in Number of COVID-19 Cases and Deaths in the US
- CDC COVID Data Tracker – Integrated County View
- CDC COVID Data Tracker – Hospital Admissions
- CDC COVID Data Tracker – Relative Variant Proportions Over Time
- CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR)
- CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report – Novel Coronavirus Reports
- Vaccines: CDC COVID Data Tracker – COVID-19 Vaccinations in the United States
- Vaccines: CDC COVID Data Tracker – Demographics of Vaccine Recipients
- Vaccines: Search The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)
- COVID-19 Breakthrough Case Investigations and Reporting | CDC
- COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough Cases: Data from the States | KFF
Georgia COVID-19 Data Sources
- Georgia COVID-19 Status Report (Cases, Deaths, Tests, Hospitalizations)
- Georgia COVID-19 Vaccinations (Maps, Trends, etc.)
- Georgia ER Coordinating Center – Current Emergency Room Capacity, ICU Status, etc.
- Georgia ER Coordinating Center – Explanation
- Georgia County-Level Indicator Reports | Georgia Department of Public Health
World COVID-19 Data Sources
Other Related Data Sources
The links in this section point to data sources I use when answering questions or preparing analyses that require information beyond COVID-19 metrics. For example, sometimes answering a question requires data about population, the health burden of influenza, etc.
USA Flu (Influenza) Data
- USA Flu – Disease Burden of Influenza | CDC
- USA Flu – Past Seasons Estimated Influenza Disease Burden | CDC
- USA Flu – Laboratory-Confirmed Influenza Hospitalizations
Georgia Flu (Influenza) Data
- Flu Activity in Georgia Archive | Georgia Department of Public Health
- Flu Activity in Georgia – Weekly Influenza Report | Georgia Department of Public Health